There are two classes in Year 3 and the teachers are Mrs Gibson and Mr Foster. Our teaching assistant is Mrs Wilding.
- Snack: Children do not need to bring in weekly snack money. The children can bring in a healthy snack (fruit, vegetables) or they can bring in 20p for a slice of toast. There is not toast every day so it is recommended that the children have a healthy snack with them every day.
- Reading: The children will be reading once a week with their class teacher and at least once a week with additional adults during Guided Reading sessions. The children should be reading each night at home and their reading journals should be completed by an adult.
- Homework: Homework will be given out on a Friday and the children will need to return this to school by Wednesday. Usually, homework will consist of one Maths and English task. Occasionally, children may be asked to complete short projects. Tasks set for homework will relate to what children have covered in class and the children should be encouraged to complete these tasks independently.
- Spellings: Each week the children will receive spellings to practise at home daily. The children will have been taught these spellings within their English lessons during the week. Spellings will be send home on a Friday and need to be handed back to school the following Friday.
- PE: This term the class teachers will be teaching PE sessions alongside our Sports Coach, Matthew. The children need to have their PE kits in school every day. The core PE sessions will be:
- Y3HG- Monday and Thursday
- Y3RF- Tuesday and Thursday
- Extra Curricula Opportunities: Over the course of the year, there will be a range of after school clubs for the children to attend. Letters about these clubs will be sent out prior to the club starting.
Mrs Gibson and Mr Foster are looking forward to having an exciting year with the children! Both class teachers will update the Year 3 webpage regularly so make sure you keep checking to see our fantastic work!