A collection of key reference notes, regarding your polices and aspects relating to your child’s day-to-day life at St. Stephen’s. If your child has just started at St. Stephen’s, please take the time to familiarise yourself with this information.
You can use the contents list to jump between the different notes…
If you have a concern or complaint we would like you to tell us about it!
In the first instance, please speak to your child’s teacher, or ring school to make an appointment. If the problem is still not resolved, please arrange an appointment with the Deputy Head or Headteacher. Appointments can be made through the office.
Charging For School Trip and Visits
St. Stephen’s Primary School has been using this facility for parents to make payments online for school activities such as school trips, workshops etc. since May 2016. From June 2017 the aim is for school to be completely cashless. This will enable a more streamlined, cost-effective and efficient payment collection system in a secure and safe environment.
From time to time you will receive a text message from the school inviting you to access a website www.schoolmoney.co.uk as an option to make a payment for an activity. We would appreciate your support in this matter.
To ensure that we all experience maximum benefit from this service, we would ask all parents to notify us if you have recently changed your mobile number and/or email address. Please send this information through to the school office as soon as possible.
Thank you for your co-operation in this matter.
If you need any help accessing this service, please do not hesitate to contact the school office.
Please also see the School’s Charging Policy on the policies page for more information.
Please see the Homework section on the Curriculum page for more information regarding homework.
Pupil Awards & Rewards
‘Good to be Green’, ‘Star Awards’ and ‘Bucket Filling’
- ‘Good to be Green’ is St Stephen’s way of recognising our fantastic children’s good work, kind manners and great behaviour.
- Children can be spotted for holding a door open,being polite or by the teacher for doing great work.
- They are then given an official ‘Bucket filling’ slip that they pop into the special bucket.
- Weekly draws take place and prizes are given. These have included trips to Manchester United, spot prizes and the best prize of all
- A FREE TOAST PASS! (These are extremely rare and enable the holder to have free toast for a half term!)
- Star Awards are presented every Friday during morning assembly to children who have worked really hard and made a significant achievement.